This page contains information on the terms and conditions for purchases from Beaumont Fabrics Ltd. By using or accessing this website and/or placing any order(s), you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions.
Please note we do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties
*Important Colour Matching*
It is not always possible to obtain an exact colour match between the samples you receive. Although every effort is made to control the colours of the items, variations in shades can sometimes occur between deliveries.
Please also note, fabric colours from desktop and mobile monitor displays can sometimes look different to the real product. We therefore strongly advise every customer to request a free sample before purchasing. This will ensure that you see the real look of the item in person before ordering a mass quantity. We are not responsible for any discrepancies in colour accuracy caused by monitor displays.
Maximum of 6 Samples Per Customer.
All orders are subject to our full terms and conditions (below). Nothing in these conditions affects your statutory rights as a consumer. IMPORTANT It is your responsibility to check that the materials, features, design and dimensions of our products, which are clearly stated on this website, are suitable for your purposes as these are not deemed sufficient cause for returns and refunds outside of your statutory rights. Preparing for and taking delivery: Please understand that although our couriers are very helpful, their responsibility is only to deliver the items to your home, not to take them inside, up the stairs, remove packaging etc. When you sign for the goods from the courier, you are signing that you have received them in perfect condition and that you are completely satisfied with them. Therefore, check the goods to ensure that they are free from damage and you are satisfied with them before signing as we cannot be responsible for any marks or any other damage whatsoever once you have signed for the goods. The driver should wait for up to 5 minutes whilst you check your item. We do our utmost to have your item delivered on a day to suit you. Very occasionally a delivery will fail for a variety of reasons, i.e. Road traffic accidents or traffic jams whereby the driver runs out of time. We understand the inconvenience caused when a delivery is not completed but we will not offer compensation in this situation as it is beyond our control. In this instance, we will endeavour to make arrangements to have the delivery rescheduled on a day to suit. If you are infirm or have difficulty carrying these items then please ensure you have help.
Standard conditions of sale
i. "Buyer" means the person who buys or agrees to buy the Products from the Seller.
ii. "Conditions" means the terms and conditions of sale set out in this document and any special terms and conditions agreed in writing by the Seller.
iii. "Delivery date" means the date specified by the Seller when the Products are to be delivered.
iv. "Products" means those goods specified.
v. "Price" means the price for the Products including carriage, packing and VAT.
vi. "Seller" means Beaumont Fabrics Ltd.
vii. "Consumer" shall bear the meaning ascribed in section 12 Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.
2. Conditions applicable
i.Nothing in these conditions shall affect the buyer's statutory rights as a consumer.
ii. The Seller shall sell and the Buyer shall purchase the products in accordance with any written quotation of the Seller which is accepted by the Buyer, or any written or verbal order of the Buyer which is accepted by the Seller including but not limited to orders placed using the Seller's electronic online ordering service, subject in any case to these conditions, which shall govern the contract to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions subject to which any such quotation is accepted or purported to be accepted, or any such order is made or is purported to be made, by the Buyer.
iii. Any typographical or clerical or other error or omission in any sales literature, quotation, price list, acceptance of offer, invoice or other document or information issued by the Seller shall be subject to correction without any liability on the part of the Seller.
iv. If any provision of these conditions is adjudged invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other provisions of these conditions and the remainder of those provisions in question shall not be affected.
v. If the Seller does not have sufficient stock to be able to deliver the goods ordered by the Buyer then any sum paid by the Buyer will be refunded or re-credited to your account and the Seller will notify you at the address given by you in your order form. The refund will be made as soon as possible and, in any event, within 30 days of your order and the Seller will not be obliged to offer any compensation for disappointment suffered.
vi. By placing an order using the Seller's electronic online ordering service the Buyer is making an offer which will not become a binding contract until the order is accepted by the Seller. The taking of payment from the Buyer's credit card does not indicate acceptance of the order by the Seller. If the Buyer's order is ultimately rejected by the Seller a refund will be made immediately
3. The price and payment
i. Save as provided otherwise herein the Price shall be that as stipulated in the Seller's published price list current at the date of order of the Products. Any event of any increase in the cost to the Seller of raw materials, labour, overheads, or any increase in taxes or duties, or any variation in exchange rate the Seller may increase the Price payable under the contract upon written notice. If a notice of price increase is given by the seller, the buyer shall have the right to cancel the order and receive back any sums they have paid. Notice of cancellation must be received in writing by the seller within 7 days of delivery of the notice of price increase to the buyer.
ii. Payment of the Price shall be due at the date of the order. Time for payment shall be of the essence. If the Buyer does not pay the Price on notification of shipment the Seller may bring an action for the Price even though property in the Products has not been passed to the Buyer. If the Buyer fails to make payment as required the Seller may suspend delivery of the Products or any further Products ordered until the payment is made in full.
iii. Interest on overdue invoices shall accrue from the date when payment becomes due from day to day until the date of payment at the rate of 2% above Barclays Bank Plc's base rate from time to time in force and shall accrue at such a rate after as well as before any judgement.
4. The products
- The quantity and description of the products are outlined on each product page.
- ALL fabric has been fire-treated for domestic use and complies with Furniture and Furnishings (Fire Safety) Regulations 1988 act. This permits all fabric to be used for upholstered furniture, furnishings and other products containing upholstery.
- We may make any changes in the specification of the products which do not materially affect their quality or performance required to conform with any applicable statutory requirements where the products are supplied to the seller's specification.
- Photographs are for illustrative purposes only.
- It is not always possible to obtain an exact colour match between the samples you receive. Although every effort is made to control the colours of the items, variations in shades can sometimes occur between deliveries.
- Fabric colours from desktop and mobile monitor displays can sometimes look different to the real product. We therefore strongly advise every customer to request a free sample before purchasing. This will ensure that you see the real look of the item in person before ordering a mass quantity. We are not responsible for any discrepancies in colour accuracy caused by monitor displays.
- Dimensions: When the term Quantity is mentioned, this translates to and refers to the Metre length of the item. For example, Quantity = 1 translates to 1 Metre. Therefore please order your meter length required by the quantity. Other dimensions stated are for the width of the fabric e.g. 140cm
- Fabric Products: Fabrics such as silks, chenilles and velvets often have natural characteristics such as slubs or crushing, these characteristics are intrinsic to natural fabrics. Beaumont Fabrics cannot accept returns for such unavoidable occurrences.
- Leather Products: Natural markings such as scars, brands, wrinkles, and grain variations are not construed to be defects. These natural markings and colour variations can and will occur on leather goods. Variations in finish or overall look are normal due to the natural variation in cow hides and dye lots. Beaumont Fabrics does not consider these variations a legitimate reason for return.
- We will always strive to provide your fabric in the highest single piece possible, however, there may be instances when fabric bought in higher quantities may come in 2 separate cuts. This is because fabric is typically supplied on rolls of 30 to 50 metres. If this occurs, we will contact you before shipping your order.
- When fabric is bought in high quantities and provided on a roll, we are unable to check the fabric for any faults or defects. In this instance, PLEASE ENSURE you fully check the fabric for any faults BEFORE using any meterage of fabric and report back to us with the issues. We are unable to resolve any issues if the fabric has already been used/upholstered.
5. Warranties and liability
i. All goods supplied by the Seller come with a manufacturer's warranty of at least 12 months.
ii. The Seller shall provide the Buyer with such information as is required to claim under the manufacturer's warranties. In the event of a claim, the Buyer shall in the first instance contact the Seller's customer service department.
iii. The Seller does not provide any warranty cover against defects in his own right.
iv. Except where the Buyer acts as a Consumer all other warranties, conditions and terms relating to fitness for purpose, satisfactory quality or conditions of the products whether implied by statute or common law or otherwise are excluded to the fullest extent of the law.
v. Insofar as is permitted by law, our only liability to you under these terms and conditions will be, at our sole discretion, to make good any shortage or non-delivery, to replace or repair any goods which are received by you in a damaged or defective state or to refund to you any sums actually paid by you for the goods in question. We will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of any problem you notify to us and will have no liability to you for any failure or delay in delivering goods or any damage or defect in goods delivered which is caused by any event or circumstance which is beyond our reasonable control. Nothing in this Clause 5 affects your statutory rights as a consumer.
6. Delivery, Returns and Cancellations
i. Delivery of the products shall be made by the Seller, or his agent notifying the Buyer that the products are available for collection at the Sellers premises or for delivery to such place as the Buyer may specify at the time the order is placed. Orders are typically dispatched within 7 working days from placing an order. This may be extended in busy times.
ii. The Seller shall use his reasonable endeavours to meet any date agreed for delivery.
iii. In any event time of delivery shall not be of the essence.
iv. The Seller shall not be liable for any delay in delivery howsoever caused.
v. All orders for delivery to addresses within mainland GB are delivered with a weight-based shipping charge, some Scottish postcodes will carry a surcharge as passed on by the courier(s).
vi. For delivery to Isle of Wight or Channel Islands we can deliver to a nominated mainland GB address e.g. a port. Onward shipping from that point is the responsibility of the customer.
vii. Generally, where an order contains more than one item all items will be delivered at the same time once all items are available.
viii. Where a delivery date has been agreed with our carrier but the customer isn't present to receive the delivery we reserve the right to charge the customer the redelivery fee provided by the courier to cover part of the cost of the failed delivery.
ix. An order may be cancelled at any time between the placement of the order and 10 calendar days following delivery of the goods.
x. Leather Products: Natural marking such as scars, brands, wrinkles, grain variations are not construed to be defects. These natural markings and colour variations can and will occur on leather goods. Variations in finish or overall look are normal due to the natural variation in cow hides and dye lots. Beaumont Fabrics does not consider these variations a legitimate reason for return.
xi. We do not deliver on weekends or bank holidays.
- We DO NOT accept returns for any fabric orders. This is because the fabric is cut to your order meter requirements and is therefore classed as a bespoke item.
- DO NOT use ANY of the fabric unless it has been fully checked prior for any faults/damages. Refunds cannot be issued under any nature if the fabric has been used.
- Fabric can ONLY be returned if it features clear manufacturing faults/defects. Fabric is checked before it is dispatched so this is rare. We cover the cost to return your order if the fabric features these defects.
- If a fault/defect is declared to us and the fabric is returned, we will check the fabric upon delivery to clarify that this is correct. If the fabric does not feature a fault/defect, your refund will be rejected and the item/s will be shipped back to you at your own delivery cost plus any previous return postage paid by ourselves.
- Goods must be returned to the Seller in the same condition they were in at the time of delivery to the Buyer and in their original packaging or similar. Items that are not adequately packaged at the time of collection may not be collected and a charge may be levied to cover the cost of the failed collection.
Refunds will be issued within 7 days of receipt of goods and after we have inspected them for damage. We reserve the right to withhold all or part of your refund if items are returned damaged.
7. Acceptance of the products
i. Other than where the Buyer acts as a Consumer, the Buyer shall be deemed to have accepted the Products 5 working days after delivery to the Buyer.
ii. After acceptance the Buyer shall not be entitled to reject Products that are not in accordance with the contract.
8. Title and risk
i. Risk of damage to or loss of the Products shall pass to the Buyer upon delivery.
ii. Notwithstanding any other provision herein title in the Products shall not pass to the Buyer until the Seller has received in cash or clear funds payment in full.
iii. The Buyer shall not be entitled to pledge or in any way charge by way of security for any indebtedness any of the Products which remain the property of the Seller, but if the Buyer does so all moneys owing to the Seller shall (without prejudice to any other right or remedy on the Seller) immediately become due and payable.
9. Insolvency of buyer
i. This clause applies if:
a. The Buyer makes any voluntary arrangements with its creditors or becomes subject to an administration order or (being an individual or firm) becomes bankrupt, or (being a company) goes into liquidation (otherwise than for the purposes of amalgamation or reconstruction) or
b. An encumbrancer takes possession, or a receiver is appointed, of any of the property or assets of the Buyer, or
c. The Buyer, not being a consumer, ceases, or threatens to cease, to carry on business, or
d. The Seller reasonably apprehends that any of the events mentioned above is about to occur in relation to the Buyer and notifies the Buyer accordingly.
ii. If the Clause applies, without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to the Seller, the Seller shall be entitled to cancel the contract or suspend any further deliveries under the contract without any liability to the Buyer, and if the Products have been delivered but not paid for the Price shall become immediately due and payable that despite any previous arrangement or agreement to the contrary.
i. Neither party shall be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of its obligations if the delay or failure results from events or circumstances outside its reasonable control, including but not limited to strikes, lockouts, accidents, war, fire, reduction in or unavailability of power at the Seller's premises or its manufacturing plant, breakdown of plant or machinery or shortage or unavailability of raw materials from a natural source of supply, and the party shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of its obligations.
ii. Any notice required or permitted to be given by either party to the other under the conditions shall be in writing and in the case of notices to the Seller, addressed to the Seller at its registered office or in the case of notices to the Buyer, at the Buyer's address as provided to the Seller.
i. The headings of the Clauses in these conditions are intended for reference only and will not affect the construction of these conditions.
ii. Representations No statement, description, warranty condition or recommendation contained in any catalogue, price list or advertisement or communication or made verbally by any of the Agents or Employees of the Seller shall be construed to enlarge, vary or override in any way thereof any of these conditions.
iii. Additional costs The Buyer agrees to pay for any loss or extra cost incurred by the Seller through the Buyers instructions or lack of instructions or through failure or delay in taking a delivery or through any acts or default on the part of the Buyer, its servants, agents or employees.
12. Proper law of contract
i. This Contract shall be governed by the law of England and Wales and any dispute, question or remedy howsoever arising determined exclusively by the Courts of England and Wales.